Week 16: Wrapping It Up

 

Social media to me has been a love and hate relationship. My first social media account was MySpace, yes, I just showed my age. What was more appealing to a teenager where you can talk to people that have the same views in music and art. Your profile reflected who you were at the moment and your song on you page was you anthem of your life. It was fun. This is how I meet the most interesting people in my life and who became friends outside of the internet. MySpace was my life, then I got introduced to Facebook. Although social media for my personal has been good personally, I get to keep in contact with friends, and family and then get to meet new family members that I did not know were part of my branch. It has been good.

Working and incorporating social media to a business is more work than just your personal post. Working with a business social media platform you must strategize, learn what is trending, what is your target audience. Social media content is like planning what type of items to sell or services. It must be catchy something that will grabs the views attention. One thing that I have used and did not really put attention are Hashtags. Hashtags will take you across the world and beyond. Connecting views from Australia to Europe its amazing.

I did a factitious business, and the posting were simple but at the same time it took a while to decided that is good content and what is okay content. I have to look at the business that I followed and get inspired from them, from corporate business-like Target to small business-like local record stores. I had to compare on how a corporate and small business set up their social accounts. What I have found most of the time is that small business does have the accounts for information, and simple promotions. Corporate business does have a team and their content is done at a studio. Most of the time and most the time, corporate business has bots and make it less personal.

This class has showed what goes behind every post, every 10 second video. It does take a team and little bit of research. One thing that I did like was the Facebook Business page, the feature that I liked was loading all the content and then setting dates to be released. For a business owner that is always on the go, they can set time aside and post for the next week or two and look at their business grow. Monitoring the likes and seeing what users react and not react is a great way to optimize the content.

All of these practices I will be utilizing o my own. Once I have a business plan and really look into the content that I would like to share. Those are great ways to have the viewer make your business a household name.

Comments

Popular Posts